1) Have a positive Attitude
One of the most important things you can do in League of Legends is avoid raging at your team. People may not realize this, but it’s really important that you keep a positive attitude and do everything that you can to help your team win the game when you rage, you limit your circle of influence and you have and inhibit your team’s ability to win the game. Raging is essentially committing yourself to failure. Making it an objective to always have a positive attitude and make sure that your team is always winning the game.
- Remember that raging won’t help you win the game. True competitors fight to the end and raging is a defeatist attitude. The less you rage the more you games you will win and the higher your rank will be.
- Raging can lead to bans and losing your account. Don’t do it. It’s not worth it to lose your account of get banned for a couple weeks.
- Remember positive players win more games and have more fun.
2) Win Your Lane
Win lane and you have a much better chance of winning the game. Winning your lane gives you more gold and an edge on the enemy player that you are playing against. It also creates pressure on the map to help other players on your team do better. This can lead to the ability for you to split push and do well in team fights.
- Learn how to trade and land your abilities. These are the main factors in winning Lane and the better you do these two things the more lines you will win and the higher your rank will be.
3) Vision is Key
Warding allows your team to have eyes in every place in the map and allows you to have vision of the enemy team in their movements. Some players have really high skill in trading in lane and winning lane, but they don’t ward enough so they end up dying to ganks. What warning also allows you to do is take pressure off other lanes. When you can see the enemy jungle or on the map it allows everyone on your team to play more aggressively and capitalized on small advantages in the laning phase. When you get in the habit of warding you’ll notice your skill and your win rate will improve dramatically. Most people think that it’s big things and big plays that win the game, but it’s mostly boils down to small advantages over and over again to create a big lead
- How can I start warding more? Well it just takes practice and the more you do it the better you will get at it. League, especially when you are newer, is about creating good habits that will aid you and make you a better player. Sooner you learn these goods habits the sooner you will get to the level of play that you want.
4) Watch professional play and streams
One of the most important keys to master something is watching how Masters play the game. There’s so many streams and professional games to watch that can really help you learn how the game is played in important skills and tricks to help you play better. It’s important to watch players who are good at the game and take the game seriously. If you watch people who don’t take the game seriously you can pick up bad habits that you don’t want to have. Focus on streams that give you value and make you a better player. also don’t get caught up and watching streams too much of the time knowledge is important but it doesn’t replace actually putting that knowledge into fruition.
- Really watch what good players do and how the perform. It is important to not just watch them doing well, but to understand why they are doing well. Look at the game through different eyes and really try and understand the thought process behind great players. This will make you a great player.
5) Become a team player
League of Legends is a team game, there is no way around that. You need your team to win and it is important that you lift your team up and do everything you possibly can to help your team perform better. When you play a 4 vs 5 game you can really see how important every member of your team is. Every player and every role is important and when a team is well and works well together they perform at an extremely high level and have an extremely high effectiveness. This is what you see when you watch professional games.
- Look at things you can do to help your team win. Focus on helping other players win lane and don’t be too greedy. Greed can help you carry, but it can also inhibit other players on your team.
- Ward, gank, give buffs to the people who need it. The more you do to help your team the more games you will win.
6) Improve your mechanics
Good players have good mechanics and good last hitting. The more gold you have the more effective items you’ll be able to buy and the more effective you’ll be in the game. Improving your mechanics in last heading is only going to make you a better player and help you win more games.
- With any mechanic it just takes time and practice to get better. It also helps if you have a good computer and good gaming equipment to play on. It might not seem like much but wireless equipment can really inhibit your ability to perform well in game.
- Learn hotkeys and smart casting. If you don’t already do this then you need to start doing this as soon as possible.
- use the attack move function. this is one of the greatest tools and League of Legends and really help your mechanic. If you ever wonder how good players Stutter Step so well it’s because they use the attack move ir the “A” key move an attack at the same time.
7) Avoid Overextending and Getting Caught Late Game
When I was a professional booster, I didn’t realize how how much people got caught in League of Legends. It wasn’t until after I started playing in the lower elo brackets that I realized how prevalent this was with unskilled players. One death in the later stages of a game can cause you to lose because the death timers are so long. Don’t put yourself in this position and keep vision on the map and make sure you’re not over-extending
- Upgrade Trinkets and get proper vision control of the map. Denying enemy vision is just as important as getting vision yourself. This allows your team to set up plays and catch the enemy off guard.
- Group for adjectives but don’t let that stop you from farming. It’s a mistake to group and not get any objectives and I see players do this all the time. this is just waste a lot of gold and farm around the map and will put you behind the end of me is taking advantage of it. Farm but farm smart .
8) Learn Strong Champions
One of the things about League of Legends is that Champions come and go and there will always be Champions that are stronger than others. Sometimes it’s important to find strong Champions and learn them because if you’re playing really weak Champions it’s a lot harder to win games the higher rank you go. it’s kind of a cycle in Champions come and go from being overpowered to underpowered which is why it’s important to have a good champion pool. well it’s important to know really strong champions with all the changes in League of Legends a champion you can go from overpowered underpowered in one week. this is why I suggest learning Champions that are kind of in the middle. Constantly learning overpowered Champions can leave you vulnerable if those champions ever get nerfed.
9) Learn a Carry Role
Learning a carry role will help you win more games and help you to have more impact on the game. While every role is important, carry roles allow you to have a great impact on the game. However, You have to be extremely good to carry. If you are better at support then play support. It’s all about finding what you’re good at and improving. Sometimes to win games in really rank up you have to get extremely specialised in your play. I’ve seen many people get to high ranks by just spamming one Champion over and over again.
10) Watch Replays and Analyze Play
When I first started playing League we didn’t have a lot of the tools available to us that many players have now. Now you can find guides and replays that just weren’t available when I started playing the game. I had to do everything the hard way and now I’m glad that I can share the information that I learned so other people don’t have to struggle in the same way I did.
I remember when I was starting out I got so frustrated because there just wasn’t a lot of information out there on how to become better, and most of the information that was out there was not very good.
In order to improve and get better you have to realize your weak points and what you’re doing wrong. Never see that you’re getting caught late game every game and overextending then how are you supposed to fix it?
There are a lot of great sites out there that will allow you to watch the games that you have played and every time you get a loss I suggest that you go and check out exactly what went wrong. This gives us such a big advantage and it’s an advantage that a lot of players don’t really take advantage of. Once you start fixing your mistakes and really being conscious of when you’re making them, you can really start to get better and really see an improvement in your play and performance.